The sewing machine platform is height adjustable allowing you to adjust the height based on your sewing machine’s measurements.
The Emu rests on casters allowing you to move it from the center of your room to any wall. Once in place the casters lock down in place.
- Dimensions Closed: 36-1/2” wide x 31” deep (front to back) x 36” tall
- Dimensions Open: 71” wide x 31” deep (front to back) x 36” tall
- Small drawer (4 total): 11-3/4” wide x 7-7/16” deep x 3” tall
- Larger drawer (1 total): 11-3/4” wide x 7-7/16” deep x 8-3/16” tall
- Adjustable Shelf Storage Side: 17” wide x 10-1/2” deep
- Adjustable Shelf Lift Side (2 Total): 4” wide x 9-5/8” deep
- Emu has a 24" wide x 12" deep (front to back) opening for your sewing machine.
- Emu fits sewing machines no larger than:
- 23-1/2" wide (left to right)
- 12-1/4" deep (front to back)*
- 14" tall*
- Construction: Melamine/MDF/Composite
- Airlift Platform Weight Limit: 55 #s
- Custom Machine Insert Available
Sewing Machines That Do Not Fit Emu
Sewing Machines that are too large and do not fit this cabinet:
- Dream V8500D.
Sewing Machines that will fit, but have special requirements:
Janome 15,000 and Elna 920 eXpressive
- These machines will fit the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine.
- Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how machine sits on the platform in flatbed position.
These machines are ones that have known fit issues. Please be advised that this list will change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.
FREE SHIPPING for all orders placed within the USA!